Sunday, March 22, 2009

-Rome Day 3 Mondy

This day was an experience I will never forget. I went everywhere I had planned not to go. That does not mean it was a bad day, though, just very different from what I had expected.

All I had wanted to do was to go to the Vatican and pray. I just wanted to be there and spend time there, as from my previous blog ya'll could imagine why I would have that desire. I made it there and my friend Anna slipped and fell on the stairs of the Vatican and hit her head very hard. She had on the wrong shoes because I was going to tape her feet so she could wear the appropriate shoes, but before that happened she fell. We went to find medical tape for it, but after we had done that her feet were too swollen to fit in regular shoes. For the NEXT 8 HOURS of the day we walked around Rome trying to find sandals for her to wear. This seems like it would be a quick task. There were shoe stores everywhere, just not the shoes that had no backs to them. So basically Anna and I saw what we felt like all of Rome in the non-touristy areas. It was still a neat day, though. I had planned to pray, so I still could as I walked through the city. I still saw new parts of Rome, just not the parts I had planned. We walked probably 10-15 miles that day. We did find her shoes at the end of the day; but by that time my feet needed help for I did not plan to walk that much. The rest of the week I was taping my feet just like the good ol' Crossroads days.

Before that Anna and I did not know each other very well. Since that day we have been together almost every day and do many things together. People tease that we are attached at the hip.

No comments: