This weekend I had a history assignment to fulfill. I had to research a 19th century location and write a paper why it was relevant to the 19th century. I then had to visit the location and write another paper. The later is
what I did this weekend. I chose the Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna, with a concentration on the Congress of Vienna which took place 1814-1815 in the palace.
I took Anna with me (of course, we are attached at the hip). It was a quick trip. We traveled there, saw the palace, and came back. I toured the palace and saw some of the rooms. There are 1,441 rooms in the palace, but I was permitted to see only 22. The rooms were elegant.
One thing I will note here is that I have recently been trying to learn about a particular image. It was in this novena book I have and just recently I noticed it was in there and became curious. I was reading an article from
Catholic Exchange the day before I left for Vienna and the image was in there. It is an image promoted by the Vatican (I'm not sure when, though). I'm pretty sure the same image or at least one very similar was in the Schönbrunn Palace. I'm still looking into that, though. It was neat to have just read about it and then perhaps see it.
The day went well. No Anna and Annette moments except I got pinched by a large 'bug.' Anna said it was a lobster. It didn't hurt me, physically. We arrived back at the Kartause in time to make - of course - more chocolate bananas.
I took Anna with me (of course, we are attached at the hip). It was a quick trip. We traveled there, saw the palace, and came back. I toured the palace and saw some of the rooms. There are 1,441 rooms in the palace, but I was permitted to see only 22. The rooms were elegant.
One thing I will note here is that I have recently been trying to learn about a particular image. It was in this novena book I have and just recently I noticed it was in there and became curious. I was reading an article from
The day went well. No Anna and Annette moments except I got pinched by a large 'bug.' Anna said it was a lobster. It didn't hurt me, physically. We arrived back at the Kartause in time to make - of course - more chocolate bananas.
No comments:
Post a Comment