The Tridium has begun.
I would like to make just one comment for now. As you know, at this Mass there is the foot-washing after the homily. This is my first time to celebrate a religious holiday alone and without my family. The men that volunteered to have there feet washed were one of my professors who is a doctor and some college guys (except for a small boy who followed his daddy so his small foot was washed as well).
I have always seen the foot-washing consist of men older than these men of average age 21. I could not help but think of how powerful it was that these intelligent, strong, good-looking college guys could be sitting in the front of church having their feet washed because the loved God and stood for Him with all they had. The university I go to is not a typical university. There are many stereotypes about this university, but what I think is not shown enough is the strong faith that is so humble in many of these students. These men could have been anywhere on this five day weekend (as most people are gone), but instead they were having their feet washed by a persona Christi. In their small, silent way these men stood for what they believed in what I thought, a most humble way.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment