Friday, April 10, 2009

- Trip to Medjugorje

After a full 24 hours of traveling by foot, train, and bus Anna Deitz, Megan Cepelenik, and I made it to Ivanka and Creso's house early that morning. We were very thankful to make it there for on the bus ride we were certain there was a circus going on in the back seats. Ivanka and Creso are so wonderful for opening their home to us and allowing us to be pilgrims there for the next seven days.

This trip was very blessed, more than I'll know I'm sure. We came there with some sort of schedule, the rest we were going to discern throughout our stay. Of course, some things did not go as planned, but everything worked out. I was given the opportunity to pray - much of it laying on my bed, but I did not mind once I realized that God's plan was for me to pray as I was sick in bed. I know my prayer was fruitful even though I was not able to be as active as Anna and Megan.

I was able to do all the activities there, since I had seven days there. I went to the evening Croatian services, confession, climbed Apparition Hill, heard two visionaries speak, shook one of the visionary's hand, Mass in English and Croatian, heard the witness of Nancy and Patrick, walked through fields, read books, and climbed Cross Mountain at four in the morning.

I apologize for not giving a day by day account of this week, but I do not feel called to do so, therefore I am not. I will say what my fondest memories of the trip were; I have two. One of them was walking through the fields to get to places - very southern country to me which I enjoyed. My fondest memory was making the commitment to walk up Cross Mountain at four in the morning. It has been said that Mary prays at the top of this mountain at 5 every morning. With one of our fellow students, Ryan, to guide us, we made it safely to the top. We prayed the rosary most of the time, but there was much time for silence and reflection. It was neat to be making such a sacrifice that early in the morning. There was nobody around and it was very peaceful. We were back down the mountain before the sun was fully up.

No comments: